The Chinese Language Teachers Association, U.S.A. 2021 Virtual Conference
April 8 (Thursday) to April 18 (Sunday), 2021
Program Schedule Outline (4/5/2021 update)
Program (4/5/2021 update)
Exhibition Tables Presentation Schedule (4/5/2021 update)
CLTA Awards Committee information session (Sunday 4/18, 3pm-4pm)
CLTA General Membership Meeting (Sunday, 4/18, 4:30pm-6:00 pm, Room 0)
CLTA 2021 Conference Announcement
The 2021 Conference of the Chinese Language Teachers Association, U.S.A. (CLTA) will be held virtually on Zoom during April 8–18, 2021. The annual conference will provide a forum for Chinese teachers, scholars, and school administrators to exchange ideas and report the latest results in their teaching and research in the areas of Chinese language acquisition, pedagogy, grammar, or new instructional technology. In addition, the 5th Regional Association Conference will be held during the 2021 CLTA Annual Conference and representatives of the Regional Associations will report their best practices and their professional development projects with support from the CLTA.
Awards and professional development point
The following awards may be pertinent to conference presenters. Each award has its own application process and selection committees. Application details and deadlines will be announced by the responsible committees later.
- The Tao-chung Ted Yao Memorial Awards: Inquiries should be directed to the CLTA Award Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- CLTA K-12 Presentation Awards: Inquiries should be directed to the CLTA K12 committee at email@example.com.
- Cheng & Tsui SIG award: This award is for Special Interest Groups. Inquiries should be directed to the Professional Development & SIG committee at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Professional Development Point (PDP) Certificate
All K-12 teachers who register for the conference and need a PDP certificate can email the CLTA Headquarters at email@example.com.
To register, please go to https://clta-us.org/clta-annual-conference/. To encourage such scholarly exchanges on the virtual platform, we are offering low conference registration fees for the 2021 conference. See rates under important dates, below.
Important dates for registration and deadlines
– Register by this date to include your 2020 proposals in the 2021 program;
– Deadline for new roundtable proposals for the 2021 Conference.
– Last day to get the advanced rate for the 2021 Conference registration (Member rates: $40; Non-member rates: $60)
– For presenters whose roundtable proposals have been accepted, register by this date to include your roundtable in the program.
– Regular registration rate (Member rates: $60; Non-member rates: $80)
– Last day of registration
Information and updates of the conference will be posted on http://clta-us.org/clta-annual-conference/. Inquiries about the annual meeting should be sent to AnnualMeetingCLTA@gmail.com. We look forward to seeing you at the CLTA 2021 Virtual Conference online.
CLTA 2021 Annual Conference Organizing committee:
- XU Yi 许怡 (Conference Chair)
- LI Shuai 郦帅; ZHU Yongping 朱永平 (Conference Program Chairs)
- DA Jun 笪骏 (Technology Specialist)
- HE Baozhang 何宝璋 (Conference Officer)
- WU Sue-mei 吴素美 (CLTA Headquarters)
- YUAN Fangyuan 袁芳远 (Immediate Past President)