Presidio Knolls School (PKS) is seeking creative and energetic Substitute Teachers and Substitute Assistant Teachers for Mandarin Immersion Elementary School.
Presidio Knolls School was founded in 2008 with the vision of a progressive educational model combined with Mandarin immersion to create a vibrant, innovative school where children are deeply engaged in experiential learning while immersed in another language. Our mission is to educate and inspire our students to become creative, confident and engaged global citizens. Building one grade per year, we expect our vision of a world-class, preschool through eighth grade program to be realized by fall 2020. As of the 2016-2017 school year, we will serve approximately 300 students from 2.5 years old through fourth grade.
PKS takes great pride in its highly talented and dedicated teaching staff and its unique teaching environment, which is distinguished by:
* Hands-on, collaborative learning using progressive educational best practices in a Mandarin immersion educational environment;
Resource rich classrooms;
* Low student-to-teacher ratios;
* Large 1.5 acre campus, an urban oasis in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood;
* Focus on continuous improvement highlighted by robust professional development and career growth opportunities; and
* Passionate and supportive school community.
We are seeking Substitute Teachers and Assistants who:
* Have native level fluency in Mandarin Chinese, including reading and writing
* Hold a BA or BSc, preferably in education; teaching certificate preferred but not required
* At least 2 years of teaching experience with school-age children in the US
* Strong classroom management skills
* Are creative, patient, warm, reliable and conscientious
* Must be eligible to work in the United States immediately and be able to pass a criminal background check
As there are two teachers in every classroom, substitutes would work alongside an experienced classroom teacher.
Send resume and brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org