The Chinese Program at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.
SENIOR LECTURER IN CHINESE
One full-time position. The successful candidate will teach up to 12 credit hours/semester in Chinese language and must be willing to coordinate and participate in various activities to enhance the Chinese Program.
- Master’s degree in Chinese linguistics, or Chinese literature, or Chinese language pedagogy, or second language acquisition, or a related field.
- Native or near-native fluency in Chinese Mandarin.
- Competency in spoken and written English.
- Five or more years of experience teaching Chinese to English-speakers at the North American college level.
- Experience as coordinator of a Chinese Program.
Experience in supervising teaching assistants and participating in outreach activities.
Only online applications will be considered. Interested candidates should submit via the link below a resume, and a cover letter outlining their research interests and the contact information for three people providing references to: http://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/26198
Candidates should arrange for three references letters to be sent to: email@example.com or Prof. Michael Mikos, Department of Foreign Language & Literature, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, PO Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201
UWM is an AA/EO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Posting Date: 03/31/2017
Application Deadline: 05/13/2017