ALLEX [www.allex.org/cn] has a scholarship/teaching assistantship available for an M.A. in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) or Linguistics at a large state university in the American South. The successful candidate will teach Chinese every day for two hours at a nearby high school while pursuing a fully funded master’s degree by taking TESOL/Linguistics classes in the afternoons and evenings at the sponsoring university.
Candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
1. Must have TOEFL of 80 or above (IELTS 6.5).
2. Must have a current GRE score (Analytical Writing score of 3.0 preferred.)
3. Must have B.A. degree with GPA of 3.0.
4. Must have a high school or middle school teaching license in their home country or from a U.S. state.
5. Must have a driver’s license and experience driving a car.
6. Must be willing and able to purchase a car.
7. Be available to join the ALLEX program from the middle of June, 2018. For more information the ALLEX program, and costs and required training, please see: www.allex.org/cn
The successful candidate will receive:
1. A full tuition waiver for 2 years to get a M.A. in TESL or Linguistics.
2. A stipend of $13,000 each year for two years.
3. A 50% subsidy toward the purchase of health insurance.
For more details on the ALLEX Teaching Associate Program please visit: https://www.allex.org/cn
Interested candidates should upload their resume to immediately:https://allex.egnyte.com/ul/g0