The Massachusetts Institute of Technology invites applications for a full-time Lecturer in Chinese. This is a three-year appointment beginning July 1, 2017, with the possibility of renewal based on performance. This position includes full benefits.
Responsibilities include teaching three language sections per semester, developing innovative curricular materials for Chinese language instruction, advising students, and occasionally teaching during IAP (Independent Activities Period) in January.
Candidates must have:
• A minimum of an M.A. in Chinese language pedagogy, teaching Chinese as a second/foreign language, second language acquisition, applied linguistics, or instructional technology. Ph.D.s are encouraged to apply.
• Native or near-native spoken and written proficiency in Chinese and English.
• A minimum of three consecutive years of Chinese language teaching at the college or university level in North America.
• A strong record of effective teaching.
• Demonstrated interest and experience in language pedagogy, curriculum design and development of new instructional materials (print, audio, video or digital).
• A record of on-going professional engagement and development.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, a CV, a statement of teaching philosophy, a sample of materials development (print or digital), and three letters of recommendation.
All materials should be submitted no later than October 15, 2016, via Academic Jobs Online: https://academicjobsonline.org
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Any questions should be directed to Global Studies and Languages: