The Department of Languages, Philosophy, & Communication Studies at Utah State University invites applications for a tenure-track position: Assistant Professor in Chinese (Job link: http://usu.hiretouch.com/job-d
1. Teach a variety of lower and upper division courses in Chinese language and culture.
2. Help build the Chinese language program and other related programs in the department, such as the Asian Studies or Global Communication majors.
3. Conduct and publish scholarly research in topics related to the Chinese language and/or culture.
4. Advise and mentor undergraduate students.
5. Serve in various departmental committees as needed.
1. Ph.D. in Chinese language/culture or related field completed by August 13, 2018;
2. Ability and willingness to teach all levels of Chinese language courses;
3. Demonstrated ability to conduct research and publish scholarly research;
4. Near-native or native proficiency in Chinese;
5. High level of English proficiency;
6. Ability and desire to mentor students;
7. Ability to complement, extend, and enrich the current strengths of the department;
8. Satisfactory background check per university policy.
Full-Time w/benefits package
Percent of Time or Hours per Week:
Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits
Required Documents (The names and contact information of 3 references will be collected during the application process):
Cover Letter, Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness, Other, Research Statement, Resume/CV, Teaching Philosophy, Writing Samples
Other Required document types/Special Instructions to Applicants:
Other document: Please include a link to a 5-10 minute teaching demonstration.
Both the philosophy of teaching and the research statement should be one to two pages and should be written in both Chinese and English.
Your references will be sent an email from USU, asking them to upload a letter of recommendation on your behalf.