SIG – (TET) Chinese Teachers Education and Training 中文教师教育与培训
This special interest group of Chinese teacher’s education and training will aim to explore the current teaching theories related to becoming an efficient Chinese teacher in the USA. We will provide professional development opportunities via online tools or in person and reaching out to and collaborate with Chinese language and culture educators from k-16. We will create a website and share all the applicable resources about teacher education and training. To organizing K-16 teacher panels at national conferences and use various social media (e.g., WeChat, Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.) to establish a virtual community for teachers to connect, share and support each other. The Chinese teachers education and training topics will cover portfolio compiling, backward design, can-do statements, integrated performance assessments, classroom management, procedures, lesson and unit plan editing, teaching activities, communication with parents, school personnel and community, 5 C’s, multi-intelligence and differentiation, etc.
- Assign research projects among members in the field of teacher education and training
- Contribute research paper to CLTA K-12 research journal
- Regularly providing professional development opportunities via online tools (e.g., webinar) or in person during educational events if possible
- Reaching out to and collaborating with experts in colleges and universities for research projects and studies regarding teacher education and training
- Organizing K-16 teacher panels at national and local conferences (e.g., ACTFL, NCLC ) on specific topics
- Using various social media (e.g., WeChat, Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.) to establish a virtual community for teachers to connect, share and support each other.
- Prepare and distribute digital newsletters to promote and share best practices
Group Leader: Ying Jin 金璎, Chinese Teacher, Fremont Union High School District, Sunnyvale, CA